FOREIGN APPLICANTS FOR EITHER VOLUNTEER OR INTERNSHIPS:
- Minimum of 22 years old;
- Fluent in English;
- Proven experience & preferably qualifications, in one or more of EBPP fields of activity. Scanned copies of relevant degrees, diplomas etc. must be sent along with emailed application & CV/Resume, as well as a current photograph. Any published papers, books, articles etc. that are relevant to your application should be attached;
- Minimum of 3 references whom we can contact to verify experience and good character;
- Prepared to commit for minimum 2 months, preferably longer. There are special circumstances where we may accept a volunteer for a shorter period but must have special skills in arts, crafts, appropriate technology or other specialist field that we can consider. The requirement of an EBPP sponsored social/cultural visa still applies (see below);
- We can only accept volunteers/interns who enter Indonesia on EBPP sponsored social/cultural visa. EBPP provide the sponsorship letter which must be taken to the Indonesian Embassy in a foreign country for the appropriate visa stamp. If applying from within Indonesia, you will have to leave the country to obtain the social/cultural visa. It cannot be obtained within Indonesia;
- While you are in Indonesia on EBPP sponsored social culture visa, you cannot work or volunteer for any other organization in Indonesia;
- We do not pay a salary or stipend to volunteers/interns;
- Preference will be given to applicants with proven management and/or leadership skills, especially those who have worked in multinational and/or multi ethnic work environments;
- Indonesian language ability is a PLUS.
- We do not employ foreign staff.
- International driving license is required if the volunteers may want to rent a car or motor cycle;
- EBPP does not provide health insurance cover. We advise you to get health insurance which includes emergency evacuation & repatriation, loss & theft of personal possessions, etc.
- Follow the rules & regulations of EBPP and always work together with the EBPP staff to achieve optimum results.
- Volunteer must sign our Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct and volunteer confidential agreement once they start with EBPP. Download the Child Protection Policy & Code of Conduct here.
- Respect the customs & culture of all communities.
- Respect and follow the codes and ethics existing in the individual communities, on the understanding that each community may differ.
- Use appropriate dress during working time.
- Respect & obey all of the Indonesian Government Laws.
- Drugs are not permitted at any time and no alcohol during working on yayasan business.
- Standard working hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
- Vaccinations: we advise volunteers to vaccinate against hepatitis A and B, rabies, tetanus and typhoid.
- Living costs info: there are few small hotels near our Denpasar office which rate Rp100,000/night for the room with fan, Rp165,000 with air conditioner. Indonesian food “nasi campur” (mix rice) is around Rp10,000/meal. If you want to rent a motorbike, the monthly rent costs is between Rp500,000-Rp600,000, daily rent costs is Rp30,000-Rp50,000. Volunteer who will be based on our project site can stay in our staff quarters free of charge.
The same requirements as above except for visa requirements, plus the following:
- A full Indonesian motorcycle and/or car driving licence is an advantage;
- Ability to communicate in Balinese is an advantage;
- Good command of English, both spoken and written;
- Readiness to travel to different parts of Indonesia;
- Please upload your current CV/Resume using the buttons below
- Please download the EBPP Volunteer Questionnaire, complete all sections and upload it using the buttons below.
Thank you for your interest in the East Bali Poverty Project!