|Key Objectives for English Teacher Volunteer:
1. Improved English ability amongst students and the community to the stage that they no longer require English teachers from other villages
2. Increased confidence and ability in English language communication as an asset for inviting foreign businesses partners as a tool for community economic development
3. Increased confidence and ability in EBPP high school students to practice and develop their English language verbal communication skills, especially for (i) communicating with existing and future donors and (ii) to motivate them for their future economic development in their village for community based agriculture/bamboo/ecology tourism
4. Increased motivation to read English novels as a hobby and to encourage younger students and community members to also understand and appreciate the benefits for the long term of communication in English
5. Improve students’ knowledge of national and international topics for discussion with their respective families, communities and visitors as part of the sustainable community development goals of professional community based bamboo, agriculture and ecotourism for small groups of concerned and sufficiently wealthy eco tourists.
6. Improve EBPP English teacher’s skills to be more creative in designing relevant teaching material that does not rely on specific teaching books;
7. Empower EBPP English teachers to inspire students to aim for the goal of also going on to university to become English teachers to bring their skill back to their village
8. Motivate illiterate parents and communities to ask their children to teach them so that they have confidence to venture outside their village and develop their own potential
9. Create leadership potential in school students to drive them to succeed too become ambassadors to promote their village and generate the next level of their rise from poverty to prosperity
|Essential Minimum Qualification (Education)||· Qualified TESOL or Equivalent Education Qualification as an English teacher to foreign language high school students|
|Essential Minimum Experience||· 2 years’ experience, preferably in foreign village, not in orphanages or government schools|
|Essential Minimum Time Commitment||· 3 months
· Full – Time (Mon – Fri, 8 – 5)
|Other skills and experience that could be an advantage||· Experience in a developing country
· Experience in training or mentoring
· Skills in Indonesian or Balinese, or the willingness to learn while here
· Experience working in remote and rural locations
PLEASE REVIEW GENERAL VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES AND QUALIFICATIONS ON MAIN VOLUNTEER PAGE.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FILL OUT APPLICATION FORM HERE.